Associate Production Supervisors are responsible for the day-to-day running of production processes in their product line/ business unit. The main duties of a supervisor would include: planning and organizing staff tasks and shift quotas. reporting plant or machinery breakdowns to maintenance technicians and adherence to all safety and administrative requirements.
· Understand, practice, and support safety standards in all work and in all locations.
· Provides day to day direction and job assignment to employees in the manufacturing department - in alignment with production schedule.
· Supervise the work of employees in a production environment.
· Create and maintain work schedules.
Provide communication and daily goals expectations to each production line, with a sense of urgency, and accountability measures.
· Ensure that assembly occurs on schedule and according to established quality standards.
· Provides leadership, alignment of actions and accountability to cross functional team (planning, quality and manufacturing engineering) to ensure safety, quality, productivity and work order performance is achieved.
· Engages and involves all-employees in the identification/completion of actions to ensure safety, quality, delivery, productivity and work order performance is met.
· Engages and involves all-employees to be accountable to safety standards, quality standards, delivery standards, attendance and general work place expectations
· Ensure adherence to safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Work Station Instructions (WSIs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Assess, plan, drive and track training requirements within their assigned manufacturing area.
· Responsible for understanding and hearing employee issues and then working through the proper channels to resolve the issues.
· Responsible for daily time keeping - including absenteeism tracking, approvals, holidays scheduling, etc.
· Responsible for completing safety investigations, identifications and investigation of near miss events, documenting and delivering behavioral safety coaching.
· Coordinates and leads daily team activities; may spend a portion of time performing the work of those they supervise.
· Assist with management decisions and activities.
· Involved in hiring decisions for team.
· Supports and leads a high performing team. Consistently monitors and tracks performance. Motivates and rewards strong performance and leads or coordinates actions resulting from poor performance. Responsible for coordinating/delivering disciplinary action to employees as required.
· Monitors Manufacturing Metrics achievements in time intervals against established goals taking immediate corrective and preventive actions as needed.
· Monitors and keeps an updated record related to issues affecting current efficiencies, safety, quality, downtimes, change overs, trainings, cross-trainings, and rework.
· Escalates to immediate manager or support area manager of any current or re-current issues.
· Daily Participation on Tier 1 and Tier 2 Meetings to review performance, provide feedback, and alerts of any potential issues that could affect daily established goals in areas of safety, quality, delivery, inventory (readiness), and productivity.
· Responsible to remove barriers and initiate problem solving and root cause analysis techniques for current or recurrent issues.
· Responsible to initiate changes or improve standard work and work instructions as needed.
· Participate and ensure execution of process changes in their area.
· Continuously updates Value Stream Manager on issues and progress of the production line.
· Associate degree in business, management, or related field is preferred and at least 6 years in the manufacturing environment.
· At least one year of leadership, mentorship, or team lead experience required.
· Must be able to work any shift including off-shifts and weekends.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft products, e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
· Must have experience working with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated, strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers and cross-functional teams and external customers.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists