My client is a leading medical technology company with a strong global presence and an excellent reputation in diabetes care producing some of the world-leading insulin delivery devices.
This role, Production Manager, as part of the Diabetes Care team, will collaborate closely with Molding, Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Automation and Supply Chain to ensure Quality, Safety, Cost Control and People Management targets are met and consistently improved.
Duties will include
· Providing leadership to the Shift Managers and production teams to deliver on objectives.
· Ensuring full Health & Safety compliance and engagement across the plant to build a Safety-First culture.
· Ensuring all devices manufactured align with all Quality and Regulatory requirements
· Planning Resources to ensure optimum flow of units through the manufacturing process to meet the production schedule.
· Ensuring the production area is aligned with required environmental standards
· Play a lead role in internal and external audits
· Develop team members through coaching, delegation, performance reviews and provision of developmental assignments/projects.
· Collaborate with CI to identify and execute on opportunities to improve work processes and methods to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
· Be responsible for the weekly BOS process to ensure line efficiency improvements are delivered.
· Leading and/or support project planning as required
Qualifications and Experience preferred
· Minimum third level degree qualification in Manufacturing/Engineering/Science coupled with appropriate experience in high volume manufacturing
· Minimum of 5 years in a production supervisory/management role in manufacturing.
· Detailed knowledge of production management principles
· Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
· Knowledge of budgetary control procedures.
· The ability to lead, work as part of a team and on own initiative as required
· Proactive - someone who anticipates potential problems and is a step ahead
· Proven understanding of engineering and improvement concepts associated with a high volume, technically complex, regulated manufacturing unit.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists