As a Process Engineer you will provide technical support for plant operations. You will be assigned a specific unit or units within the refinery with responsibility for daily monitoring and troubleshooting of your assigned areas, process optimization and design/development of capital projects or modification to units.
You will apply technology using process simulation and optimization, recommend programs and procedures to increase the economic efficiency of refining operations and work in a team environment with line operators and other engineers to maintain and troubleshoot control system problems as well as develop advanced control applications for the process units.
* Daily process monitoring - communicate unit performance, optimization opportunities and environmental performance and assist in troubleshooting efforts with unit upsets, product quality incidents, not meeting production plan etc.
* Support small to medium capital project, process design basis, management of change ownership and develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators e.g. exchanger fouling, and yields.
* Manage catalyst performance and co-ordinate catalyst change outs and /or regens and support unit operation within environmental limits.
* Develop justification and work scope for turnaround and routine maintenance e.g. catalyst change out, exchanger cleaning, furnace pigging etc.
* Develop and lead plant test runs e.g. new feeds, plant debottlenecking etc and support the new crude evaluation process as required, including lookback reports.
* Provide monthly reports - review unit KPI's for the month and include analyses when appropriate with supporting data. Include unit performance on key economic drivers and provide recommendations
* Conduct safety and reliability operating parameter exceedance investigations.
* Lead/participate in management of change for modifications to control system or plant.
Education and experience:
* Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
* 2/6+ years' industrial experience.
* Experience in refinery operations or oil and gas industry an advantage.
* Clear understanding of industry drivers and regulatory environment.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists