Aim: The aim of this position is to manage the day to day operations of the plant while providing leadership in all areas and managing change. The Operations Manager will work closely with the Engineering Leader and the Product Design leader to ensure a seamless process for product development. The Operations Manager will have a significant influence on general operations and overall organisational goals. They will be directly responsible for the oversight and leadership of Manufacturing Operations, Safety & Quality, Finance and HR and for growing and developing a high performing team and guiding the culture.
· Champion and own the Safety and Quality culture within the plan by developing processes and driving accountability within the site. Be a consistent advocate for Safety Protocols and Standards.
· Manages all aspects of the plant's Manufacturing, Quality and Supply Chain Operations
· Drives Continuous Improvement and process development in Production, Materials Management, Safety and Quality
· Develop and drive business processes to ensure the effective use of materials, labour, and equipment.
· Work with Corporate Leadership to develop consistent production processes, schedules, and targets
· Ensures that all parts and assemblies and final products are on schedule and according to established requirements
· Responsible for all facility equipment/ tooling, driving preventative maintenance and ensuring equipment related process controls are in place and completed and monitored as required.
· Participate New Product Development process to ensure flawless launch of programs
· Develops and owns Operational Budgets and Cap-Ex plans
· Maintains a focus on cost management and throughput
· Establish and conduct monthly Balanced Scorecard review for the facility along with other regular reporting
· Drive processes and utilises data to resolve critical issues and contribute to the development of the plant. Also uses Data to measure performance and to drive principals and processes that enable a learning organisation
· Provide guidance and leadership to cross-functional project teams comprising of Operations, Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance and Planning
· Responsible for Recruitment, Employee Engagement, Performance and Talent management and compensation reviews
· Leads and develops a culture that allows for high morale and productivity, satisfaction, and development by continuously engaging the team and building capability through providing learning and development opportunities within the entire workforce
· Assist in the development and deployment of the Value Stream Strategy
· Ensure the appropriate policies, procedures, systems, and processes are all in place and all activities are monitored and implemented effectively
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in business, Supply Chain, or a related discipline
· 10 Years of manufacturing operations experience with at least 2 years spent in leading high performing teams
· A broad knowledge of manufacturing and supporting processes
· A strong background in a technical product environment
· Ability to bring all functions together within the manufacturing environment to form a cohesive plant operating system
· Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing Tools, technologies, and methodologies
· Clear understanding of manufacturing process design including PFEMA, Control Plan, Monitoring and Charting and Process Auditing
· Experience in the utilisation of data to drive sound business decisions & an analytical mindset
· Excellent leadership skills underpinned with experience in leading and developing high performing teams
· Excellent Financial and Business Acumen with experience in costing, variance reporting, balance sheet oversight and daily costing.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build a strong rapport at all levels of the organisation
· Possess flexibility and adaptability and excellent team working ability
· IT and Systems savvy with experience using ERP, QMS (ISO9001 & ISO14001) and MS Office suite
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists