Job Reference: JO-2009-65369_1599046427
Experienced people manager required for a Microbiology and Pacakging team in a fast paced mulitnational Pharmaceutical company in Dublin.
- Review and certification of raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, water analysis and validation. Maintenance of trend data.
- Control of Environmental Monitoring and lead policy on disinfection program. Control of water monitoring systems and lead policy on disinfection and bio-film control.
- Providing support for process validation, e.g. media fills, bioburden studies.
- Supervision of laboratory technicians and laboratory attendants to ensure that they carry out their work in an efficient, organised and safe manner. Perform Personnel appraisal and development meetings with laboratory technicians. Maintaining laboratory expenditure within budget.
- Communication of laboratory performance, problems and developments to other supervisors and QC Laboratory Manager. Communication with other departments within the company and in the group in order to, maintain maximum service levels and to assist in problem solving processes.
- Responsible for the training of laboratory personnel and for maintenance of their training programmes and records.
- Planning and co-ordination of work in order to meet company requirements.
- Development and implementation of improved systems to further quality and efficiency in the laboratory.
- Ensure Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Regulatory compliance of laboratory practices and documentation.
- Ensure laboratory procedures including test methods, SOPs, and WIs are updated as required.
- Carrying out Laboratory Investigations when out of specification results occur.
- Maintenance of the laboratory systems including equipment, stock control and services. Liaise with facilities department in relation to control of site utilities (Nitrogen Compressed Air and Steam).
- Participation in and the follow up to internal and external audits.
- Auditing of external contract services and suppliers of prepared media.
- Ensure Laboratory Training Programs reflect current methods and procedures.
- Progress Changes within the laboratory to equipment and methods through Change Control where required.
- Minimum Bsc Hons Degree in Microbiology or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with IT systems such as SAP, trackwise and LIMS
- Ability to motivate & influence peers & management.
- Be able to build partnerships & work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal skills.
- Be innovative, by creating new & better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Have a strategic mindset, seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Self-starter with ability to complete work independently as well as successfully lead others if needed.
- Ability to work well with other technical staff in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment
- A "can do" attitude and genuine enthusiasm for driving improvements
- A positive mindset of Safety First
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists