Job Reference: JO-2102-65603_1613376597
MES Technical Lead
I currently have a great opportunity for a talented and experienced MES Technical Lead to join my client, a leading Pharmaceuticals manufacturer based in Sligo.
As the new Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Technical Team Lead, you will take responsibility for the POMSnet MES technology system to include leading systems strategy and recipes development. Managing a team of highly skilful MES Technicians and contractors, you will play a key role in the delivery of the sites' overall business objectives.
- Be the technical lead responsible for the design, development, documentation, and implementation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) POMSnet on site.
- Work collaboratively with business management and users to strategically define the needs and design solutions that help deliver the overall business strategy.
- Establish with the BTS lead the MES team goals, project plans and maintenance schedules. Use, where appropriate, project management tools and work with stakeholders to understand tasks necessary to complete projects.
- Develop and implement site POMSnet strategy to deliver on-site strategy and objectives.
- Initiate contact with peer groups to ensure the plants remain at the forefront of POMSnet technological advances and recipe design/feature utilization.
- Make support function decisions with a strategic perspective in response to operational requirements.
- Continuously review and ensure all business processes, including SOPs, required to implement and manage POMSnet system changes and POMSnet recipe changes comply with current Safety, Quality and Information Technology policies.
- Support SAP business system as a local key user (LKU) for POMSnet and material queries.
- Act as lead on audits by HPRA/FDA or Customers on MES.
- Participate in MES knowledge exchange with Global MES team and other global sites to ensure new ideas and best practices are brought to the site and implemented.
- Ensure continuous review of the long-range plan for maintenance/replacement of MES hardware, scanners and bar code labellers.
- Responsible for resource planning and performance management of MES Technicians and contractors
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified in science/engineering or IT discipline
- Demonstrated working knowledge of POMSnet or similar MES system essential.
- 2 years plus in a management/leadership role of the technical department.
- 2 years plus experience working in IT / MES environment preferably with direct manufacturing exposure.
- Detailed knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements.
- Strong leadership and people development skills.
- Strong communication skills required to deliver on cross-site goals and objectives.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists