11 Month Contract
My client is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Due to continued growth and expansion, a vacancy exists within their Site Projects Group for a Mechanical Engineer to supporting site Capital & Expense projects in Ballydine. Reporting to the Site Projects Lead, the incumbent will be a key player in the delivery of projects.
The primary responsibility of the Mechanical Engineer is engineering support for manufacturing operations, technology and systems engineering. The Mechanical Engineer will provide technical coverage and support for maintenance and repair of plant and infrastructure components and equipment. The successful candidate will need minimal work direction, be highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
* Develop project plans and successfully execute them according to an established schedule, cost and performance standards.
* Manage design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, operations personnel, outside contractors and suppliers.
* Track and report progress as required against project deliverables.
* Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the execution of the capital/expense projects.
Must have as a minimum a 3rd level qualification in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical
Skills and Knowledge:
* A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in Pharm/Bio Pharm industry with experience in maintenance, engineering and project management practices.
* Good knowledge of working in ATEX environment
* Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
* Familiar with engineering project management tools, engineering technical skills and financial management skills including an ability to work within budgets
* Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working in a strongly regulated GMP environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in project management.
* Excellent communication /presentation skills.
* Superior organizational and planning skills.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists