12 Month contract
Purpose of Role:
The role of the Energy Engineer is to support the site Energy function on behalf of the Engineering Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring there is a strong safety culture and performance in the management energy on site.
· Project management and support of energy project and initiatives on site
· Be proactive in identifying energy improvement initiative and cost savings
· Establish and support site department energy teams and champions to ensure energy is a core part of people roles and responsibilities
· Support the energy monitoring & metering project and act as SPOC for future projects with an energy focus
· Ensure site compliance to ISO 50001
· Set up new Fire and safety equipment on maintenance system and implement maintenance routines to ensure high maintenance levels for new building start-ups.
· Ensure Project Design meets Energy Efficient Design (EED) for New / Upgrades builds to Site, National and Global Building Standards.
· Agree Energy Reduction KPI's with Site IPT's and ensure compliance to same
· Support the site to hit annual energy reduction targets set out by corporate requirements
· Conduct site energy awareness events
· Carry out inspections and audits of site energy compliance and compliance to ISO 50001 management system
· Support and manage the implementation of the site 10-year energy strategy
· Analyze the requirement, need and feasibility for renewable energy
· Investigate the opportunity of using new technology to manage and reduce energy consumption on site
· Must have a thorough understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, industry practices and standards.
· Must have meticulous planning and strong communication skills
· Ability to work on own initiative to resolve issues.
· Demonstrated high level of problem-solving skills.
· Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project or Primavera (SAP, MIDAS, TRACKWISE and SharePoint use experience also an advantage)
· High level of knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills/presentation skills
· Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
· Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment.
· Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
· Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams,
· 3+ Yrs. working in a similar role.
· Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Engineering)
· Desirable to have qualification around Energy Management.
· Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development
Reports to: Engineering CoE Lead
Use Lean principles across all technical aspects of the process, by deploying Merck Six Sigma tools. Responsible for driving a culture of Compliance and delivery on time.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists