Job Reference: JO-2211-66333_1667382473
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with our client for a people focused Manufacturing Operations Manager with a GMP background to lead their Cork site.
Reporting to the Plant Manager the successful candidate will be an active contributor to the Site Leadership team. They will also develop and lead the culture in the plant by setting clear expectations and driving accountability within team actions. Responsible for safety, quality, planning, operations, process control, materials and deployment of functional strategies of this expanding business.
- Execute the Pharma Operations strategy to meet organizational business requirements.
- Drive process excellence in every step of the manufacturing process while ensuring effective and continuously improving operations for product lines in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for analysing local plant requirements and working cross-functionally within operations (internal manufacturing, external manufacturing, supply chain, procurement) as well with functions outside operations (businesses, R&D, HR, Finance, Legal).
- Champion and own the safety and quality culture in the plant by driving behaviour, process, accountability, and discipline within the site.
- Responsible for all aspects of the plant's day to day operations.
- Deliver all performance targets for the site while balancing all stakeholder needs/expectations.
- Drive process and utilize data to achieve performance targets and drive the principles and processes that enable a learning organization.
- Build organizational capability through developing, training and recruiting talent, and by creating structure that enables success for all employees.
- Responsible for ensuring organization has defined work methods, employees are trained to work methods and methods are adhered to always.
- Participate in the NPD process and ensure flawless launch of new programs.
- Drive process development, deployment, and continuous improvement into all business areas - staffing, materials, operations, process control, manufacturing, quality, etc.
- Create a continuous improvement mindset that drives improvements in quality, cost, delivery, and inventory.
The ideal candidate will be an inspiring, energetic, and collaborative manager with a proven track record in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related field of study, plus at least a minimum of 10 years related experience managing plant operations.
- Experience in developing a high-performance team through recruitment, development, stretch targets and understanding team dynamics.
- Experienced in utilization of data to drive both near term and strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deploy and work within various manufacturing processes - safety, quality, planning, operational execution, inventory, staffing - and link together to form a cohesive plant operating system.
- Experience deploying lean tools, lean management, and lean culture within a plant.
- Extensive experience in regulated industries and ability to lead teams in understanding and executing to unique customer and regulatory requirements (Pharmaceutical, FDA, NIOSH, etc.).
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists