11 Month Contract
The Manufacturing Engineer is required to work with the Manufacturing Engineering Team on site in Alexion Athlone within the Fill Finish facility under the direction of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer in the area. The chosen candidate will be required to be self-directed with the ability to lead/work through tasks or projects assigned.
The candidate will also be required to support other team members to improve yields, productivity and ensure production targets are met. They will have assigned responsibilities for ensuring all manufacturing requirements are met from a process equipment perspective within the Fill Finish Facility.
In addition, they will be involved in ongoing and new continuous improvement projects in this facility. This is a technical role requiring problem solving through data analysis using scientific methods focusing on process capability.
The role will require the candidate to work closely with other departments such as Manufacturing, Utilities and Quality Assurance. This role will report overall into the Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will offer scope for both personal and career development.
The main responsibilities will be as follows:
* Ownership of Process Equipment within the Fill Finish Facility (Parts Washer & Autoclave)
* Assisting team members as directed for existing Aseptic Filling Lines
* Involvement/leading process improvement projects as directed
* Practical problem solving and root cause analysis
* Process parameter monitoring and control, yield analysis
* Follow through on actions logs, project milestones and presentations.
* Look for new innovative technologies Build a deep understanding of process variables
* Daily, weekly & monthly reporting of product and process metrics
* Work with quality management systems, process change management, ISO, FMEA, risk assessment, standard work documents
* Appropriate Engineering qualification. Ideally Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Material Engineering degree, NFQ Level 8 or higher.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma and lean systems is an advantage
* IT literacy will ideally include SQL databases and Minitab.
* Experience in pharmaceutical processes is an advantage, particularly with Aseptic Processing (Partswasher, Autoclaves) & Filling (RABs or Isolator technologies).
* The candidate should be able to examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
* Ability to make informed and timely decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks associated.
* A team player with a can do, pro-active attitude and a passion for improvement.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists