An excellent opportunity has arisen with a Multinational client North of Cork City for an experienced Management Accountant to join their Finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing Accounting functions consisting, but not limited to the Inventory Accounting Process and analysis. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring availability of timely and relevant information required for effective planning and control of the business.
The role will also assist in other areas of the wider finance group as required.
· Ensure inventory is valued correctly and in line with Corporate policies and GAAP.
· Assist standard cost calculations and roll up verification of actual costs and computation of variance
· Responsible for preparation of Accounting Metrics covering overhead absorption, PPV, usage and labour variances and working with operations on explanation of variances.
· Being the finance representative at Tier 2 meetings and assist accounting manager in cross functional interactions with supply chain, material handlers and warehouse teams.
· Assist in Preparation of annual budget and work with departments to monitor and control spend and provide variance analysis to actuals monthly for management review.
· Review spend variances with various departments and assist with queries.
· Assist Accounts Payable in the coding of invoices by department and in line with budget expectations.
· Supports Annual Inventory Count and Cycle Counts as required.
· Responsible for completion of monthly close process with wider finance team and related analysis and commentary for distribution as required to Accounting Manager.
· Recommends, updates, and writes policies and procedures reflective of sound accounting principles and practices.
· Assists with compiling information required by the Company's outside tax and advisory firm and participates in the preparation of the Company's annual financial statements and in audits where required.
· Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives.
(Contribute as part of the Finance Team to achieving the team's goals and objectives. Support Financial Accounting, Accounts Payable & Purchasing function when necessary.)
· Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, or related field of study, plus at least a minimum of three years related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Professional Accounting Qualification
· Must be able to navigate processes in ERP systems and standard applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability for problem solving, analysis, time management and experience in interacting with cross functional teams across an organization.
· Demonstrated ability to manage assignments with minimal direction and to completion
· Must be able to communicate effectively with team members
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists