I am currently recruiting a Maintenance Technician - Electrical to join my client on a 12-month contract position reporting directly to the Maintenance Lead.
· Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting. Electro-mechanical repairs to PLC-controlled process equipment and plant utilities. Must be experienced in Electrics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, PLC's.
· Technical support for the plant facilities & services including compressed air, water systems, HVAC and steam.
· Input to and carry out Preventative & Predictive Maintenance routines.
· Support Production Team in achieving targets.
· To be observant & work off your own initiative when a fault is detected & to take action based on what your best judgement on whether to effect immediate repair or not.
· To keep clean any areas in which you are working including any transit areas to and from the workshop, including the workshop.
· Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies.
· Update the maintenance management system, records of all changes, stores transactions made, and work carried out using PEMAC.
· Troubleshooting using PLC programs Allen Brady and Siemens.
· Liaise directly with third party vendors to organise and per-form routine maintenance and repair of equipment.
· Support Maintenance & Utilities Lead in updating planned and unplanned work orders.
· Active participation in Lean Manufacturing Initiatives e.g. 5S, Continuous Improvement, Waste Elimination, Visual Management.
· Knowledge of, and work in compliance with, cGMP in accordance with current regulations, including compliance with hygiene, garbing, and procedures for controlled areas.
· Compliance with Health, Safety, Security and Environmental procedures such as security regulations, safety procedures, fire procedures, protective clothing, local ventilation, and Ex proof installations. The site is certified in compliance with ISO 18001 and ISO 14001.
· Participate in On-Call Rotation
· Appropriate electrical trade qualification
· 5 years' + experience working as Maintenance Technician within a regulated GMP environment.
· Previous experience within the Pharmaceutical/Bio/MedTech/Food industry.
· Strong knowledge of cGMP compliance and Good Engineering Practices.
· Experience working with a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is an advantage - Preferably PEMAC or SAP PM
· Dependability - being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
· Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Cooperation - being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
· Initiative - a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
· Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally
· Flexibility and time management skills essential.
· Excellent organisation and communication skills
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists