Job Reference: JO-1912-64883_1576580262
The Maintenance Support Engineer works with Site Maintenance Managers, Technicians, Planners, Vendors and API Maintenance Lead on execution of the site maintenance program to deliver compliant, reliable and efficient operation of all plant and equipment. This is achieved through day to day engineering support for ongoing or improvement activities related to maintenance area responsibilities and direct invoplvement in managing significant equipment related breakdowns and investigations affecting plant quality, safety, reliability or cost performance. This is a key role that delegates for the Maintenance Manager and Planners where required to ensure the maintenance function sustains performance during vacation periods. The Maintenance Support Engineer will also liase with other functions such as Engineering Projects to provide technical input where required to ensure the maintainability of new/modified installations and also to develop solutions to equipment related problems with plant operation.
- Support the M&I Manager in the daily planning/scheduling activities including supporting tier meetings.
- Support & plan critical CM "Break-in" activities that occur within a scheduled week.
- Support and lead where required, equipment related problem solving event and investigations.
- Participate in Weekly Planning & Scheduling Meetings and Resource Planning meetings.
- Delegate for the M&I Manager during periods of vacation, etc.
- With the M&I Planner identify appropriate PM improvements requirements and develop PM job plans as required.
- Support and delegate for the M&I Planners during High peak periods (including Shutdown, Planning, planner vacation, etc).
- Support, as required, key Maintenance Improvement initiatives. Examples would include Workshop 5S, Compliance related projects, development of SWIs, etc
- Support the IPT's by providing technical support on equipment and reliability issues. In particular lead/support the investigation of equipment related deviations/incident reports where equipment maintenance is identified as a probable root cause.
- Liaise with equipment vendors to establish appropriate preventive/predictive maintenance schedules and assist M&I planning & the Reliability Engineer with job plan updating. Review job plans for all equipment for maintenance execution optimization and ensure site compliance with GMP, Safety and Environmental requirements.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a relevent Engineering or other Technical discipline [ electrical preferred ]
- Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience of application of Lean principles is an advantage
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a comparable role, ideally with experience of leading & coaching others in a maintenance delivery environment.
- Knowledge of GMP / EHS guidelines & Legislation, Plant Maintenance systems (eg SAP).
- Knowledge of electrical systems and regualations, preferably with experience in Atex environments.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of continuous improvement tools and methodologies; RCA, FMECA, RBAM, etc.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists