Job Reference: JO-1910-64835_1572517617
Purpose of Role:
The Laboratory Operations Leader is responsible for supporting the success of the Laboratory Teams in meeting its operational and strategic objectives.
The leadership style is one of collaboration, coaching and facilitating the laboratory teams to a high-performance organization.
Activities Within Role:
The Laboratory Operations Leader will provide strategic and operational leadership to the Laboratories to test quality pharmaceutical products in meeting the four Manufacturing Division priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
The Laboratory Operations Leader is accountable for the effective and efficient running of all operations in a flexible, cross-functional, multi-skilled teamwork environment, collaborating effectively with the IPT and Functional Leaders
The Laboratory Operations Leader is responsible to mould the culture to one that supports a High Performance Organisation. This consists of: personal accountability and responsibility, continuous self- development and colleague collaboration in an open and trusting environment where all colleagues are comfortable to voice their opinions
The Laboratory Operations Leader is responsible for prioritization of proposed mitigation plans and/or acceptance of Quality Risks identified as part of the Quality Risk Management Process under the remit of decision maker roles and responsibilities (as required)
- Ensure the highest Compliance standards.
- Ensure supply of high quality product in line with testing schedules.
- Integral Member of the Site Quality leadership team (QLT)
- Work Closely with the Site Leadership Team (SLT) on key operational and strategic areas
- Work as a key member of the Site Extended leadership team (ELT)
- Provide sound financial stewardship, management and control.
- Lead a cross-functional management team providing ongoing coaching and support, including the identification and development of key talent.
- Drive performance and management of individuals and team
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Quality, Science etc.).
- At least ten years' experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes experience in a management / leadership role. It is desirable that candidate has experience with laboratory operations
- Knowledge of Regulatory Requirements (GMP/GLP etc)
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus, utilisation of MPS toolkit (e.g. KATA, Yellow belt, SPS etc)
- History of talent development (both for self & teams) essential, specifically experience of developing colleagues across the business
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering, Quality). Masters preferred.
- Desirable project management qualification such as Project Management Professional etc.
- Desirable Lean Six Sigma Green belt or higher
Proven Safety leader with strong behavioural/cultural & Systemic Knowledge across Safety & Environment
- Proven track record of delivering high performance against a balanced scorecard through development and coaching of a team.
- Proven ability to understand the E2E supply chain and specifically the testing element of the E2E supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize change and improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability in holding team members accountable for results and managing performance.
- Demonstrated leadership behaviours
- Experience of moulding a culture to one of inclusion and continuous development for all employees.
- Stakeholder management of multiple decision makers, corporate colleagues, cross-functional team by demonstrating the ability to maintain and strengthen trust relationships with people on all levels
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists