Industrial Hygiene Specialist
(12 Month FTC)
My Cork based client is currently looking for an Industrial Hygiene Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing the Refinery's Industrial Hygiene programme.
* Manage and maintain the sites chemical risk assessment through the Health Exposure Assessment Plan (HEAP) - liaise with the on-site HSE team & unit engineers.
* Manage the annual Health Exposure Assessment Plan (HEAP) including sample gathering, data input and analysis and worksite interface. Organise, facilitate, chair and document chemical risk assessments for on-site process chemicals.
* Develop and implement an annual Industrial Hygiene audit schedule and manage the chemical risk assessment process for all existing chemicals and new chemicals being introduced onto site.
* Liaise with the Turnaround HSE Lead & unit engineers in the development of a Turnaround specific Industrial Hygiene Plan; including stressor identification and equipment entry PPE requirements. Develop equipment requirements and ensure availability for a shutdown.
* Support the administration of Cintellate, including developing Near Miss and incident trends and statistics, review site PPE requirements and introduce new PPE for trial as required and coordinate, track and develop a process to manage HSE compliance (legal requirements) training for the site (e.g. IH, manual handling, CSE, ADR awareness, etc.)
Education and experience
* Level 8 qualification in an Environment, Health and Safety, Engineering or Science related subject or possess significant, relevant experience.
* 5+ Years relevant experience.
* Accreditation in Industrial Hygiene or working towards same preferable.
* Knowledge of oil refinery processes and equipment is an advantage.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists