Health & Safety Specialist
11 Month contract
An exceptional opportunity for an experienced S&E Specialist ideally with a specialisation in Process Safety to join the Environmental Health & Safety team to support an exciting expansion project.
In this position you will be primarily responsible for all aspects of the Project related EHS elements with a strong Process Safety Management program - you will be working with other S&E Specialists as SME's and stakeholders.
You will provide technical guidance to the project to ensure compliance with all relevant legal requirements related to Process Safety as well as our company's corporate standards, policies, procedures and guidelines and industry best practices.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Engineering or related Safety or Environmental field of study
Required Experience and Skills:
· +5 years of EHS, Engineering, or Operational experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical, petrochemical or process related industry
· Knowledge of HAZOP, ATEX/EPD and Industrial Hygiene
· Knowledge and experience working with EHS regulations
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to influence both horizontally and vertically
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Under the direction of the Project EHS Lead:
· Participate in project design reviews and HAZOPS for proposed new systems
· Ensure management of change processes are followed and serve as EHS reviewer for planning of activities impacting existing facility operation
· Co-ordinate project support from relevant SME's such as Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety, Machinery Safety etc.
· Support the containment philosophy for the potent compound facility
· Serve as a site EHS representative during mechanical completion, commissioning and qualification activities, participate in project walk-downs and start-up activities for assigned systems:
- Ensure that installation is in conformance with local and national regulations, internal company standards, design intent and HAZOP recommendations
- Ensure that all necessary procedures, PPE, signage and training are complete and available for performing the necessary tasks during the specific start-up phase
- Serve as primary EHS reviewer for Pre-Start-up Safety and Environmental checklists completed during project start-up activities
· Serve as a leader in demonstrating and implementing a strong EHS culture across the project
· Participation in the site Process Safety Relief Device sising program as required.
· Monitor developments and advice Management on changes in Process Safety/COMAH related Standards and Legislation
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of safety programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists