My client is a global top-performing organisation in the Pharmaceutical industry with a dedication to producing innovative medicines and are always looking for talented professionals to join them on their journey.
Currently, they have a need for a Global Trade Compliance Manager based in Ireland ( can be located in Dublin Cork or Sligo ).
In this role, you will manage trade compliance to import/export laws for Irish manufacturing sites ensuring operational efficiency and functional reduction of tariff and non-tariff barriers.
· Work directly with our Irish manufacturing sites to ensure that all import/export transactions comply with European Customs Law through deployment/integration of internal controls
· Perform importing/exporting operational activities and resolve day-to-day issues that may result in border delays in particular
· Apply advanced knowledge of regulations and requirements to support Irish business requirements
· Analyze manufacturing supply chains for potential application of Special Trade Programs and their proper usage
· Lead import/export/duty management projects that focus on driving efficiencies or cost savings for the company (e.g. Inward / Outward Processing)
· Monitor EU trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes and alert the appropriate parties internally on the impact to the business
· Assist in the development of solutions to issues faced by the businesses and the necessary controls around any change
· Support implementation of the correct documentation and information concerning tariff classification, customs valuation, and country of origin
· Ensure accurate and proactive analysis of metrics associated with trade operations for reporting up to the site and Global Trade Compliance leadership
· Promote and monitor compliance across our Irish sites per Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) and other relevant trade security programs
· Partner with GTC functional managers to deploy a self-audit program to ensure continued compliance with customs law and internal policies
Education & Experience:
· A relevant third level degree or master's qualification (International Trade, Supply Chain, Logistics, Legal)
· 5 years' or more of experience working in a customs agent/broker's agency, multinational company, consulting firm, pharmaceutical company or logistics service provider preferred
· Expert understanding of EU and Irish import regulations and activities
· In-depth knowledge of Irish Customs AEP transactions and self-filing of import and export entries in Ireland
· Experience working on European Customs and AEO
· Ability to work effectively under time/workload pressure
· Familiarity with global trade software platforms (e.g. SAP Global Trade Services module)
· Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills with ability to multitask
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a history of working in a collaborative team environment.
· Continuous process improvements mindset and experience
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists