* Implement microbiological, chemical and physical testing schedules in accordance with agreed program and budget.
* Trouble shoot and follow up on out of specification results.
* Ensure raw material and finished product evaluation and verification is completed as required
* Implement and Maintain detailed specifications and quality standards.
* Manage queries or complaints from customers in a timely manner.
* Create customer specifications on online platforms.
* Update and maintain current retailer specifications to the required standard.
* Challenge processes food safety systems and maintain and review the plans as part of the HACCP team.
* Responsible for the document control and maintenance of the Quality Management System.
* Assist Quality Manager in implementing the internal audit program to ensure Quality System compliance
* Participate fully in external audits for food safety and quality audits for customers, governing bodies (BRC/IFS/ Dept of Agriculture) and other regulatory authorities
* Report non-conformances and drive root cause analysis
* Collate technical information to view trending and take relevant actions where required.
* Drive and implement plant wide Process & Quality System Improvements,
* Implement Quality improvement initiatives
* Minimum 2 years' experience in similar role
* Third level qualification in Food or Nutritional Science.
* Proven excellent writing skills.
* Proficient numerical and verbal skills
* Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Internal Auditor and HACCP certified
* Proficient in the use of MS Office tools
* Fluency in the spoken and written English language
* Ability to communicate effectively with and present to Customers, suppliers & Senior Management
* Experience of on-line specification platforms such as TQC, Zoom, E Vision, Oracle.
* Understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems with good knowledge, of the BRC Global Food Standard and specific customer standards and Codes of Practice.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work cross functionally, meet deadlines and build effective relationships
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists