A fantastic permanent career opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated qualified accountant with onsite industry experience to join a leading Biopharma's finance team. Working as part of the Consolidated Reporting team that has global responsibility for reporting including inventory costing, excess & obsolescence, SOX compliance, US GAAP audits, intercompany profit elimination and balance sheet reconciliations. This position will be a key member of a cross-functional accounting team, collaborating extensively with regional and global finance teams and technical operations teams.
· Close responsibilities include appropriate treatment of operating overhead, balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP and submission of close deliverables.
· Accounting for manufacturing activity including material purchases, overhead absorption and contract manufacturing costs.
· Ensure correct accounting for Buy/Sell entities and all intercompany inventory transactions.
· Develop an understanding of material flow from bulk manufacturing through to fill/finish stage to ensure accuracy of inventory values.
· Monitor production plans for bulk manufacturing and CMO activity to ensure accurate inventory valuation and completeness of overhead absorption.
· Evaluate inventory balances for excess and obsolescence and determine need for inventory reserves.
· Assist with preparation of consolidated financial management reporting for balance sheet and P&L inventory areas.
· Support Budget and LRP Activities as required.
· Maintain internal controls in line with corporate standards, GAAP and Sox requirements. Work with internal and external auditors as required.
· Collaborate with ERP and global finance teams to identify and introduce process enhancements to improve efficiency.
· Qualified accountant
· Minimum one to two years' experience in a manufacturing business with audited financial statements. Experience in manufacturing accounting in a multi-national environment is desirable.
· Demonstrate experience in process improvement initiatives and working on own initiative.
· Knowledge of US GAAP, SoX and internal control environment desirable.
· Experience with an integrated ERP system, general ledger functions, sub-ledger processes, and period closing. Understanding of relationship of other accounting functions to manufacturing accounting.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists