I am now recruiting an EHS Engineer to join my world leading pharmaceutical client based in Co. Mayo on an initial 12-month fixed-term contract. As EHS Engineer, you will be responsible for creating a culture of strong safety engagement amongst employees and utilising the Operational Excellence framework to drive EHS improvements, compliance with EHS requirements, and the achievement of EHS KPIs.
· Actively engage with employees within the Business Unit (BU) to create an inclusive / ownership culture for Safety.
· Motivate, energise and influence the management teams to ensure fresh and leading-edge EHS programs, initiatives and activities are effectively implemented.
· Maintain EHS KPIs ensuring they are continuously up to date. Attend and chair safety meetings with key stakeholders to drive positive action and performance, ensuring appropriate timely action on KPIs showing a declining trend.
· Develop and deliver EHS Training modules in accordance with EHS Training Plan and risk assessment.
· Lead EHS Risk Assessment program and ensure all elements of facility, equipment, tasks, ergonomics and chemicals are appropriately risk assessed.
· Support accident/incident investigation to ensure appropriate root cause analysis is completed and CAPAs implemented.
· Complete regular audits to ensure the business meets all EHS Regulatory and Corporate requirements and engage relevant team members on the GEMBA.
Education and Experience:
· Degree qualification in health & safety or degree in science/engineering with minimum diploma qualification in health & safety.
· Minimum 5 years EHS experience in a pharmaceutical or medical device environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Irish health and safety regulations and industry best practices.
· Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, organisation and decision-making skills.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists