12 Month Contract
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate
and industry requirements.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary role -
* Provide EHS support for Project Orchid at the Janssen Little Island site:
* Support EHS reviews & assessments, including EHS by Design
* Incident & accident investigation
* EHS communication & training
* Conduct EHS Impact Assessments (IA) to ensure that all EHSS requirements and J&J standards are in place.
* PTW / construction safety support for execution of projects
* Support IA action closure tracking, Machine Safety, JSA's, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, IH/Ergonomics etc.
* Support plant shutdowns - project walkdowns, RAMS review etc.
Additional scope to support site EH&H -
* Perform periodic walkdowns/audits/programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
* Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with J&J requirements.
* Provide technical support for the site risk assessment / JSA programme / PTW programme.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Excellent presentation and training skills
* Strong Influencing skills
* Attention to detail, Customer focus and Innovative
* Good problem-solving skills
* Results and performance driven
* Adaptable and flexible
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Availability and willingness to travel on company business
* Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience working to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 international standards, preferably within a Biopharma/pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
* A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years' experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
* Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety
* Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies
* Creates dashboards, power-point presentations and can track and trend KPI's, assembling information into clearly written reports, documented findings or recommendations and communicate this progress in easily understandable manner to all stakeholders.
* Experience with decommissioning / demolition projects
* Familiarity with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 would be a distinct advantage
* Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills
* A flexible approach, good priority setting skills and ability to deal with multiple tasks
KEY INDIVIDUAL LEADER COMPETENCIES:
* A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers).
* Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
* Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
* S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
* Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others
* Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists