12 Month Contract
Assists with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and industry requirements. Acts as an SME and advisor to all teams on site in relation to PSM & other EHS matters.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary role -
* Provide PSM & general EHS support for the Cork site:
* Support equipment / capital project HAZOP assessments and other process safety related risk assessments e.g. SIL / LOPA, ATEX.
* Co-ordinate & support HAZOP Revalidation programme
* Assess changes / projects from process safety perspective as part of site Change Control process
* Support Pre Start Up Safety Reviews
* Support site to trouble shoot related process safety issues,
* Ensure compliance with SEVESO III regulations.
* To propose, develop and implement improvements to the Process Safety Management System (PSM) as required
* Ensures that systems are in place to maintain 100% site compliance with all relevant leglislation standards related to area of responsibility.
* Develop, support and delivery of process safety training programs as deemed necessary
* Responsible for generation of process safety metrics & trends & presentation e.g. EHS&S management review
* Participate in incident / accident investigations & root cause analyses (RCA)
* Completes / assists in completion of periodic Self Assessments & audits of the EHS Management System.
Additional scope -
* Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
* Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities and in compliance with J&J requirements.
* Provide technical support for the site risk assessment / JSA programme / PTW and assist in implementing appropriate control measures for identified risks.
She/he will have a strong EHS general/technical knowledge and experience in the Pharma industry or equivalent, be a strong effective communicator with all stakeholders. She/he will be a strong collaborator with a proven track and a strong networker able of leveraging EHS&S expertise on and off site.
_KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
* Innovative and Customer focus
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Excellent presentation and training skills
* Attention to detail and strong Influencing skills
* Results and performance driven with good problem-solving skills
* Adaptable, flexible and ability to maintain confidentiality
* Availability and willingness to travel on company business
* Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with colleagues regarding EHS issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience working to ISO14001 and OSHAS 18001 international standards, preferably
within a pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
* 3rd level degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or other related discipline.
* At least 5 years experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment
* Sound knowledge of EHS legislation and standards, particularly those applicable to SEVESO
* Good written, oral communication & interpersonal skills
* Highly proactive, mature judgement and decision making ability
* Strong analytical and problem solving ability
* Self-directed & demonstrated efficient work methods, problem solving skills & ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
* Proficient in use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
* A post graduate qualification in Process Safety
* HAZOP Chairperson
* LOPA / SIL trained
* Green Belt
* Knowledge of SEVESO regulations
KEY INDIVIDUAL LEADER COMPETENCIES:
* A strong communicator & influencer who is credible, self-assured and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with site stakeholders (managers, leads, contractors, front line workers).
* Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
* Proven track record of delivering agreed-upon expectations.
* S/he will have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the necessary capabilities to understand and find solutions for complex technical/regulatory issues
* Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others
* Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally
* Uses best practices to improve business operations
* Holds self-accountable for compliant and flawless execution
* Takes personal responsibility for decisions that successfully build customer value
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists