EHS Safety Officer
Supporting the organisation in maintaining a safe workplace according to legal and regulatory standards, fostering and further developing our culture of pride in safety and personal ownership. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and assessment of hazardous and unsafe situations, managing the waste regulatory aspects of production and the development of measures to ensure focus is on accident prevention.
Policy & Risk Management
· Support the Director of Operations to ensure the organisation meets its statutory obligations in all EHS areas and the fostering of a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
· Support the development, implementation and adherence to EHS policies, procedures and programmes across the organisation.
· Responsible for the completion and regular review of risk assessments and implementation of findings where appropriate
· Ensure that all incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented. Responsible for the EHS logs and CAPA tracking. Support and co-ordinate adverse event reporting.
· Producing and ensuring the accuracy of the licence waste profiles for processes
· Provide subject matter expertise to the organisation on various EHS related topics.
· Co-ordinate and support internal and external EHS audits as appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
· Degree level or equivalent in life sciences; and/or
· Degree level or equivalent in Occupational Safety & Health (science focus).
· Experience in Occupational Health and Environmental Health and Safety.
· A minimum of two year's experience working in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical (GMP) industry or R&D and/or laboratory environment, would be a distinct advantage.
· Excellent attention to detail, technical writing skills and good working knowledge of MS Office.
· Working knowledge of factors impacting on health and well-being and of EHS regulatory compliance including auditing.
· Competence in using laboratory and/or production equipment would be an advantage.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists