Our Dublin South based Research and Development Client is looking for a Safety Officer to join their organization to support a safe workplace according to legal standards and which fosters a culture of pride in safety and personal ownership. This safety officer will be responsible for monitoring and assessment of hazardous and unsafe situations, development of measures to ensure focus is on prevention.
· Support Safety Officer II to ensure the organisation meets its statutory obligations in all EHS areas
· Support the development and implementation of EHS policies, procedures and programmes across the organisation.
· Ensure that all incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
· Co-ordinate the internal EHS audits and ensure that internal auditors are supported accordingly.
· Prepare and deliver training materials to colleagues.
· Degree level or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (science focus).
· Experience of occupational hygiene would be an advantage.
· Experience in Lean Six Sigma would be an advantage.
· At least two years' experience working in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry or R&D and/or laboratory environment.
· Excellent technical report writing skills.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists