Our client is a leading Biopharma M/N developing life changing medicines for patients globally. They are currently developing a Centre of Excellence for R & D/ Clinical Trials in Dublin and are looking to appoint a Director of Vendor Relationship Management to manage this function globally.
This key leadership role is responsible for the strategy, planning, oversight, and delivery of the Vendor Relationship Management program and function across the clinical drug development cycle. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in global program design, people management and development, direct vendor oversight and/or alliance management skills in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries. A strong foundation in operations, outsourcing, and/or vendor management is critical for success in this role.
· Manages the day-to-day VRM activities across multiple outsourced service areas across the development operations remit
· Is accountable for portfolio oversight and delivery for strategic or emerging vendors, both individually and across the functional team
· Utilizes prior experience in the development of, or reporting on, portfolio level Key Performance Indicators, and subsequently uses these to drive performance goals and improvements, as necessary
· Delivers with optimal collaboration, accountability, and integrity to business partners
· Translates the usage of industry best practices to the overall program, utilizing external sources such as benchmarking, data, and processes to continually drive improvements linked to an overall strategy
· Develops, communicates, and executes a multi-year program strategy and vision in order to drive operational excellence, inclusive of year-over-year ROI delivery to the organization
· Can clearly articulate and implement a data strategy for the Vendor Relationship Management program globally, utilizing multiple sources of data to drive proactive decision making, and/or support other critical decision points across multiple functional areas as related to vendor performance
· Demonstrates collaboration and drive for global standardization and best practices with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and quality
· Minimum level 8 Degree in a relevant discipline, MBA preferred with 8-10 years of direct external facing experience. i.e. vendor management, clinical outsourcing, process improvement, and program development
· Experience with all aspects of vendor oversight or large scale external alliance management: from vendor selection, contract development, selection, to performance management (i.e. - portfolio oversight), and continuous improvement of the vendor base, both individually as well as at a programmatic level
· Familiarity with various Regulatory and industry trends on compliance level activity (i.e. - ICH GCP E6 R2, etc.) and experience with interfacing with internal regulatory compliance and quality functions to drive vendor base improvements
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists