Job Reference: JO-2005-65193_1589798693
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Director of Supply Chain (Demand Planning) with a leading Biopharma M/N in Cork. The successful candidate will be accountable for the Demand Planning process for assigned regions (ACE, Asia and Intercontinental) and reports to the Senior Director of Demand Planning.
Collaborating closely with regional Commercial leadership and key stakeholders across the organisations Pharmaceutical Development Manufacturing (PDM) you will continually evolve the demand planning process to meet strategic objectives, by ensuring accurate monthly forecasting and planning processes to meet internal stakeholder requirements and patient needs. You will provide effective oversight and governance for Demand Planning in assigned regions and will act a key liaison and strategic business partner to regional Commercial and Global Supply Chain leadership. You will also be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous business process improvements and technology optimistation.
- Partner with Commercial affiliates to ensure accurate demand forecasts and market analytics. Accountable for the dissemination and application of market intelligence to global supply planning and related functions
- Act as key point of contact for senior regional Commercial and PDM leadership to communicate and support the implementation of supply chain strategy
- Responsible for the provision of demand forecasting and planning input to S&OP process
- Partner with Commercial, Global Supply Chain and Finance on the development of the annual budget demand plan. Ensure cross-functional alignment of the plan with the financial commitments of the organization.
- Drive the use of appropriate statistical models for future demand predictions and/or scenarios.
- Responsible for key demand planning metrics and tracking of benefits and improvements to the business
- Provide input to the Global Supply Chain organisation in developing inventory strategies on existing product portfolio, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand forecasting and planning processes and systems
- Identify and lead significant continuous improvement projects
- Provide leadership to a team of demand planning analysts by establishing both the long-term vision and near-term performance objectives for the regional demand planning team along with setting and reviewing performance and development objectives for each team member.
- Expert leader with a proven track record of building and managing high performing teams
- Experienced people manager with a strong reputation for mentoring and developing people
- Expertise and track record in supply chain planning and forecasting
- Possesses a strong understanding and application of forecasting principles, concepts, practices in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Exceptional analytics capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with technical and nontechnical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, alignment and commitment
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management
- BA/BS or MBA/MS with extensive relevant experience in a related field
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists