Our client is a leading Biopharma organisation who are seeking to appoint an industry leader to a new position of Director, R&D Outsourcing. to provide direction, oversight, and expertise in clinical outsourcing of global Phase 1 and 4 clinical trials.
In this role you will manage, mentor and motivate a successful senior outsourcing team within a matrixed environment with direct reports in Dublin, the UK and US HQ and manage a broad scope of procurement, contracts and outsourcing and lead operations within the entire life cycle including vendor selection, RFI, RFP, vendor selection decision, contracting, monitoring performance, change orders and ensuring proper closeout of clinical agreements. The position will have the opportunity to work in a matrix environment and regularly collaborate with Senior Management and cross functional teams. As part of the leadership team the Director will lead strategic initiatives within clinical vendor outsourcing, contract management, category management and budget development including negotiation and drafting expertise, in a high volume, fast paced environment.
· Relevant experience with a BA or MS in a relevant discipline. MBA preferred PMP/CPSM or equivalent a plus
· Relevant experience typically includes contract negotiation, category management and/or clinical outsourcing or procurement
· Experience in providing thought leadership and consistent customer service
· Expertise in the end-to-end sourcing and contracting process, including RFx, contract negotiation and management.
· Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the clinical research process and the regulatory environment across functions.
· Demonstrated leadership skills while working in fast paced and changing environment
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists