An exciting career opportunity has arisen with a start-up organisation based in Shannon, Co Clare. This company is working every day to improve patient's lives through their research and development into the burgeoning area of Gene Therapy
The key responsibilities in this role will include
· Ensuring continuity of materials and services and achieving stretch targets.
· Develop strong, strategic relationships with critical suppliers.
· Manage commodity prices, source new suppliers and negotiate favourable terms.
· Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks.
· Identify cost-saving opportunities and manage through to implementation.
· Manage risks and opportunities within the supply chain.
· Build collaborative partnerships with both internal stakeholders and external vendors.
· Lead and support successful tenders, tender evaluation, negotiations and contract awards.
· Support the supplier approval process where appropriate to ensure the right suppliers are selected for the provision of existing and new goods and services.
· Identify priority areas for improvement based on material criticality, value and volume to reduce supply risks and improve material cost.
· Support the implementation/execution of proposals, strategies, initiatives, contracts & programs for the categories and suppliers.
Ideally, you will possess the following experience and abilities
· Experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Exposure to quality and regulatory systems GMP & GDP.
· Strong analytical and project management skills are required.
· Demonstrated experience across a range of services, raw materials and finished pharmaceutical products.
· Experience in purchasing biological starting materials or other specialist technical raw materials will be a distinct advantage.
· Experience of ERP/MRP system usage a distinct advantage.
· Experience with commodity purchasing.
· Strong communications skills with a consultative approach to influence and negotiate with Stakeholders across the business.
· Fluent in English, another language would be desirable but not essential.
· Ideal Degree or working towards MCIPS qualification.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists