Job Reference: JO-2102-65626_1614178080
Our Biotech client is looking for a permanent Automation Engineer to join their start-up manufacturing facility. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to take ownership of the Automation systems in Ireland and a sister site in the UK.
- Collaborate closely with site and global stakeholders to define and deploy automation solutions including equipment, processes, and manufacturing execution systems
- Translate business, technical, and regulatory requirements into systems-level solutions during development and deployment of automated processing technologies
- Manage technical workstreams with cross-functional stakeholders throughout entire project lifecycle, from concept to implementation
- Lead and participate in evaluation of new technology and process automation for introduction into GMP manufacturing
- Responsible for the site PLC-based Control System, Building Management Systems, and Environmental Monitoring System, including monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and investigating control system hardware, wiring, and instrumentation.
- Develop, review and/or approve Preventive Maintenance Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, IQ/OQs, commissioning protocols, user requirement specifications, acceptance test plans, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, and drawings and diagrams.
- Implement and complete change controls, CAPAs, and Deviations for automated GMP systems and equipment.
- Proactively search for and implement innovative solutions to improve system performance, reliability, and compliance.
- BEng plus 5 years' Industry experience.
- Strong understanding of automation standards and architecture addressing batch process control, such as S88, and related automation systems, including process control systems, manufacturing execution systems, process data historians, and laboratory information management systems
- Proven programming and maintenance experience with PLCs and Software applications, ideally across a number of industrial platforms
- Experience with supporting and maintaining automation and control system infrastructure, including PLCs, remote I/O panels, BMS equipment, wiring and cabling systems, as well as proprietary equipment controllers and control systems
- Experience with various data communication protocols and architectures, including ControlNet, Ethernet I/P, Modbus, BACnet and/or Profibus
- Demonstrates skills in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration, and implementation of process control solutions for the manufacturing industry including batch software, PLC-based control systems, HMI packages, building management systems, SCADA systems, and PC networking technology
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists