Job Reference: JO-2012-65513_1608638024
The successful candidate will provide automation support for my clients API and Biotech manufacturing facilities, including supporting manufacturing operations, compliance activities and capital projects. The automation engineer will work as a member of the Process Automation Department. The engineer will provide Automation, Process Controls and Data Analysis expertise and support for one or more operating areas across site and/or for capital projects.
In line with the objectives outlined above the following are typically the key tasks that are undertaken by the role
- Devising functional requirements and process control strategies for control systems in collaboration with Process Engineering
- Design, specification and coding of control systems, primarily the sites DCS systems
- Testing of automation system functionality
- Project management of automation projects
- Process Control Engineering including design, tuning and troubleshooting of control loops
- Implement and support electronic systems (such as plant historians) used to capture process automation related production data
- Maintain the validated state of the site control systems in line with company quality standards including the development and execution of validation strategies and associated documentation
- Automation support for capital projects including new product introductions, facility and automation system recapitalization and facility expansions
- Provide day-to-day operation's support related to the site's control systems. This includes working with Technical Services and operation's personnel to troubleshoot issues, making changes to the control systems in line with site change control procedures and site standards, responding to system events and performing routine computer system maintenance checks
- Promoting the use of automation to improve productivity, operational efficiency and compliance
- Developing a 'network' of corporate contacts and leveraging corporate expertise when needed
- Interacting with external parties (e.g. vendors, consortiums)
In carrying out his/her responsibilities, the Engineer is expected to partner with multiple functions including, engineering, operations, quality, IT and maintenance. He/she must have the interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a broad spectrum of people.
Attributes for the Role
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate decision-making.
- Demonstrated initiative, good planning and organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks, commitment to task completion and timelines.
- Good knowledge of automation or process engineering and an understanding of small molecule or biotech unit operations
- Possess a keen technical curiosity and has demonstrated strong problem solving skills and a desire for continuous improvement
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers and business partners
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills
Hons Degree in Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, Control Engineering, IT, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or qualifications in other relevant engineering disciplines with appropriate experience.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists