3D Printing Manufacturing Engineer
(12 Month Contract)
JOB TITLE: Bioprinting Engineer/Scientist - 3D Printing
DEPARTMENT: 3D Printing
REPORTS TO: Staff Scientist / Lab Manager
The Bioprinting Engineer/Scientist will be an integral part of a project team who will work on 3D Bioprinting projects at the collaborative Trinity College based Bioprinting Lab. On a daily basis they will work as part of the 3D Printing Innovation & Customer Solutions Team and will interact with academic researchers and staff members to work on targeted bioprinting projects. They will support and facilitate activities including procurement, protocol development and optimisation, cell and tissue culture. They will research, develop and implement new technologies to develop the bioprinting capability within the organization. They will assist with the operation of the J&J Bioprinting Lab and investigate new materials and equipment.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Bioprinting Engineer/Scientist will be required to:
* Assist with bioprinting activities while aligning to an integrated product and process development cycle.
* Deliver results by preparation and project management of activities.
* Deliver results in implementing new and maintenance of existing operations in the bioprinting lab.
* Support business key metrics with development of bioprinting capabilities and introduction of new technology.
* Demonstrate competence in bioprinting and associated technologies.
* Consult, facilitate, and support bioprinting projects and activities within 3D Printing as well as with partners and collaborations.
* Identify and initiate new bioprinting opportunities or associated technologies.
* Assist with specific bioprinting projects in the collaborative research lab.
* Support the daily operations within the Bioprinting lab
* Manage partner collaborations, technology development, and project execution.
* Collaborate with Trinity staff and researchers to develop protocols.
* Contribute towards purchasing activities within the Bioprinting lab.
* Bachelor's degree in Materials/Biomedical Engineering/Pharmacy/Medicine or a related discipline.
* Experience in bioprinting, biomaterials, or related field.
* Knowledge of bioprinting associated technologies (cell culture, tissue culture, biomechanical testing, etc…).
* Proven track record of successfully delivering projects.
* Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
* Self-motivated, with focus on quality, delivery and cost.
* Ability to work independently in a global environment.
* Able to effectively communicate at a variety of technical and management levels.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Previous experience in bioprinting associated technologies.
* Postgraduate qualification in a relevant technical area.
* Experience in pharma, medical device, or equivalent regulated environment.
* Certified Project Management qualifications.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists