Our client is a leading Cork based Biopharma MN who wish to appoint a Senior Infrastructure System Administrator to their team.
The successful candidate will provide networking and systems administration expertise for systems primarily from their Cork campus. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring that systems are functioning properly, within the design and security specifications established by IT, and that all applicable policies, processes, and procedures are properly communicated and followed.
This is a senior-level role that will also participate in the design and implementation of strategic systems and services and provide 3rd-tier problem resolution for issues escalated from other IT support groups. This role will also be the subject matter expert for the MES .
· Experience working in environments that adhere to legal requirements such as FDA 21 CFR Part 211 and Part 11, EU GMP and GAMP 5 guidelines.
· Extensive experience with monitoring tools and systems (e.g., SolarWinds, Nagios, Thousand Eyes).
· Extensive experience withVMware6.x/5.x environments:
o Management of host VM's in a SAN-based, clustered, HA environment.
o Performance monitoring and management.
o Problem remediation for ESX servers, vCenter, and related VMware technologies.
o Backup, Replication, and Disaster Recover.
· Extensive experience with Windows Server OS and related technologies:
o AD design, architecture, sustainability and support.
o GPO design, architecture, sustainability and support.
o DHCP, DNS,FRS, architecture, sustainability and support.
· Extensive experience with disaster recovery, data retention, and comprehensive backup and recovery systems.
o Thorough understanding of WAN/LAN troubleshooting and support.
o Cisco-based switching, routing, and wireless.
· Project and problem management, including effectively identifying and communicating goals, risks, stakeholders, timelines, options, and costs.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
*VCP, MCSE, or equivalent industry certifications preferred.
* Building and executing project plans working closely with customers and IT to understand and manage project expectations.
* Project experience involving technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development and deployment.
* Provide a high standard of customer service and follow through staff inquiries and questions from commencement to resolution in a timely and professional manner.
· Prepare documentation and training to support IT and related processes.
· Ability to support a 24x7x365 operation, including participation in monthly maintenance patching and updating activities.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists