Our Cork based client currently have open position for an IM Infrastructure lead to join their team.
* Co-ordinate the activities of in-house and third parties in the building of the infrastructure & system peripherals such as thin clients, cow carts, label printers and scanners to deploy and implement MES becoming the lead SME on same.
* Lead the resolution of key technical issues and contribute strong leadership and responsibility during IM-related outages and incidents, collaborating as necessary with local, global and third-party teams. Specifically, act as the lead support resource on the MES architecture
* Manage the day-to day planning and operation of the IM International infrastructure function - ensuring effective service and operation of all networks, servers, hosting, cybersecurity, thin client, system monitoring, generic end-user services, communications, voice systems. Provide "follow-the-sun" cover for other sites outside of their business hours
* Co-ordinate the IM International Infrastructure team - ensuring the effective delivery of the teams work as well as the individual performance and development of the team members
* Lead the execution of the day-today infrastructure workload, providing technical guidance locally as well as tackling and completing the advanced technical workload of the team
* Develop a strong and trusting working relationship with the other team leaders and the global IM Infrastructure team, contributing to the success of the IM mission
* Develop a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship with the various key IM stakeholders and customers - both locally and internationally - as well as the various technical functions that rely on an effective and high-performing infrastructure
* At all times ensure the compliance and security of our systems in accordance with GMP, SOX, GDPR and other regulatory.
* As an innovator and technology leader, partner with the Global Infrastructure team to leverage new and effective technologies to implement and use best-in-class techniques and standards to build standardisable, commoditisable solutions that can be applied across the site
* Where appropriate, manage the transfer of infrastructure services to third parties and outsourced solution providers.
* Prepare documentation and training to support IT and related processes
* Focus on performance and on the aligned leadership of change within the site, ensuring the effective alignment of the IT function with the rest of the company
* Deliver appropriate documentation, designs, reports, presentations and communications to ensure effective operation of the IM infrastructure function and to ensure effective visibility and communication of its function, objectives and working methods
* Minimum of a Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering/Science Degree or Diploma with minimum 6 years' experience in largescale, regulated, complex IM infrastructure environment
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience working in environments that adhere to legal requirements such as FDA 21 CFR Part 211 and Part 11, EU GMP and GAMP 5 guidelines
* Experience in MES - as well as the build and implementation of MES environments
* Extensive experience with monitoring tools and systems (e.g., SolarWinds, Nagios, ThousandEyes)
* Extensive experience with VMware 6.x/5.x environments:
o Management of host VM's in a SAN-based, clustered, HA environment
o Performance monitoring and management
o Problem remediation for ESX servers, vCenter, and related VMware technologies
o Backup, Replication, and Disaster Recover
* Extensive experience with Windows Server OS and related technologies:
o AD design, architecture, sustainability and support
o GPO design, architecture, sustainability and support
o DHCP, DNS, FRS, architecture, sustainability and support
* Extensive experience with disaster recovery, data retention comprehensive backup and recovery
* Moderate experience working in complex networked environments
o Thorough understanding of WAN/LAN troubleshooting and support
o Cisco-based switching, routing, and wireless
* Project and problem management, including effectively identifying and communicating goals, risks, stakeholders, timelines, options, and costs
* VCP, MCSE, or equivalent industry certifications preferred
* Project experience involving technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development and deployment
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists