Our client is a leading Bio pharma company who wish to appoint a Cost Accountant to join their EUMEA Finance team based in Cork. You will manage inventory and cost accounting for production in Cork and at CMO's. This position will be a key member of a cross-functional accounting team, collaborating extensively with regional and global finance teams and technical operations teams.
· Month end close responsibilities include review of manufacturing activity to ensure accurate inventory valuation, accruals, journal entries, excess & obsolescence analysis and correct treatment of technical operations overhead.
· Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations including timely resolution of reconciling items.
· Responsible for inventory valuation including material purchases, overhead absorption and contract manufacturing costs. Develop an understanding of material flow at bulk manufacturing through to fill/finish stage to ensure accuracy of inventory values and categorisation.
· Ensure tolling activity is accurately accounted for and reconciles with inventory balances at manufacturing site.
· Ensure correct accounting for Buy/Sell agreements and associated intercompany inventory transactions.
· Review and maintain cycle counts and initiate action on any discrepancies. Work closely with CMO, supply chain and manufacturing departments to ensure inventory accuracy at all locations.
· Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis and queries, including preparation of management reporting and variance analysis.
· Ensure internal procedures and controls are maintained and followed in line with corporate standards and policies.
· Ensure compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP for inventory accounting. Work with internal and external auditors as required.
· Qualified accountant with Min 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience with integrated an ERP system, general ledger functions, sub-ledger processes, and period closing. Understanding of relationship of other accounting functions to cost accounting.
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
· Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and internal control environment desirable.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists