Our Cork based client currently have an open position for a Financial Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
The incumbent in the Accounting Manager position will manage the accounting function, following U.S. GAAP principles and local regulatory obligations. The Accounting Manager will also manage the local accounting team and report to the Corporate Controller with oversite be the local Plant Manager.
*Essential Job Duties:
- Direct/Manage/Supervise one or more accounting teams
- Ensure organizational adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements
- Ensure timely preparation and review of all required regulatory filings
- Advise in annual budgeting and prepare accounting reports for executive leadership
- Review work submitted by accountants and manage accounting close processes
- Collaborates with local Company leadership and sales team regarding cost/ business issues
- Perform analysis on organizational or business unit financial and accounting metrics for presentation to leadership
- Manages the activities of individual contributors, e.g., Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field of study preferred; plus, at least a minimum of six (6) years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. GAAP; Ireland VAT, income tax and other local regulatory concerns
- Demonstrated technical and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Must be able to navigate processes in ERP systems and standard applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists