Our Cork based multinational client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced GA analyst to join their team on a 12- month contract. The role of a GA Analyst is to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the month end closing & related General Accounting activities throughout the EMEA region.
* Be seen as a "go-to" information resource for all GA related queries with full ownership for the Cash in Transit, Prepaid, & Accruals on the Balance Sheet
* Work closely with local affiliate finance organization to understand current activities at the affiliate & ensure these are properly reflected in the financial statements. This includes preparing accounting entries as well as reviewing locally prepared accounting entries to ensure accuracy & completeness of entries as well as appropriateness of backup.
* Develop and manage monthly trial balance package for small/medium/large size affiliates including fluctuation analysis
* Ensure adherence to the standard month/quarter/year end timelines & coordinate the various contributing teams to facilitate this, e.g. BPO, affiliate finance, CFR
* Ensure governance of, as well as support for, the external BPO team, regarding the quality and timeliness of accounting entries, clearing activities, ICO processing.
* Prepare/Review/Approve account reconciliations in accordance with internal reconciliation methodology
* Review key GA metrics & communicate to stakeholders to ensure key deliverables are being met whilst identifying and implementing initiatives to improve.
*Degree in Accounting/Finance/ related discipline
* At least 2 years' experience in a finance function or public accounting practice
*CPA/CIMA/ACCA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
* Ability to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs
* Demonstrate a strong compliance oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture
* Familiarise with all applicable financial policies, process documentation & training materials to ensure you operate in a fully compliant manner
* Ensure ownership for all applicable Sox & Operational controls for your area
* Engage with EY & resolve all GBS General Accounting requests for Group & Statutory audits
* Demonstrate a strong Continuous Improvement oriented approach & help to build a strong Continuous Improvement culture
* Actively work with the core team members & Global GA team to drive improvements for processes
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists