Our based client currently have an open position for a Financial Accountant to join their team. This is an 18 month contract.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful individual will be responsible for the financial statements of the business.
- Preparation of month end close financial statements & foreign currency translation.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliation and control
- Responsible for all aspects of corporation and deferred tax including preparing quarterly and annual provisions, preparing related balance sheet reconciliations and Quarterly tax reporting to our corporate tax department.
- Ensuring correct standard treatment application for Fixed Asset Accounting.
- Manage the preparation of annual statutory financial accounts
- Liase with internal/external auditors and ensure compliance with all Corporate, Finance and Sarbanes Oxley policies, local legal and statutory requirements, taxation and customs authorities requirements.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Involvement in finance projects in areas such as, site disposal accounting, legal entity integration, Grant and R&D claims etc
- Qualified accountant with relevant post qualification experience (minimum 2+ years)
- Proficiency in IFRS statutory reporting conditions
- Strong Excel and systems experience. Ability to build models, macros etc.
- Experience in strategic projects around operational efficiency and savings
- Exposure to ERP systems an advantage
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
Typical Minimum Education:
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Business/Finance).
- Accountancy Qualification.
Typical Minimum Experience:
- Beneficial to have worked in the US Multinational environment.
- At least 3-5 years experience in a Business environment - with a good working knowledge of compliance & accounting.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists