Our client, an established Multinational Medical Device Manufacturer is searching for a Technical Operations Manager for its Midlands site. This site is responsible for meeting the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
- To ensure the plant meets its customer quality, service, regulatory, financial and safety goals through effective Technical management for the plant's product range.
- To lead investigation of non-conformances & complaints, technical driven cost improvements and supporting identification of future business development opportunities.
- Manage, direct and lead project team(s) established to develop and implement strategic change within the Technical Programmes
- To ensure development and improvement of processes, equipment and facilities for the manufacture of diagnostic reagents.
- To provide scientific direction, strategy, leadership and management to staff in the Technical Operations team.
- To provide technical input and collaborate strongly with internal & external peers to drive the business strategies and support customer needs.
- To ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to personnel, quality, engineering, safety and finance.
- Ensure the site drives technical collaboration at a Global level within the group and externally with Academia and Customers.
- Maintain ETMS to do list.
- To drive key product quality improvements within the site and provide technical leadership for key Site and/or Global technical initiatives.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well at the group Global and Technical standards.
- To lead and manage the Technical Support functions at the site.
- To ensure that major projects are completed on time and within budget.
- To ensure that all customer requirements are met while maintaining product availability of diagnostic reagents.
- Preparation and management of departmental budgets to agreed timelines.
- Optimize the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
- Maintain group, GMP, HR, safety, financial and quality procedures.
- Keep abreast of developments in technical areas inside and outside the business to ensure the plant continues to produce quality products, which are compliant to regulatory standards.
- Ensure the Technical Operations Department meets the quality requirements of its customers, ADD, internal & external Auditors and other external agencies.
- To collaborate and manage the interface with the technical organizations at other sites.
- Understand the sites business requirements aligned with the Technical department strategic direction to support the site strategy over the LRT.
- Work collaboratively with the site and division teams to develop project plans for areas of change within the group.
- Ensure that organization structures are effective and efficient and comply with internal and external Quality, Customer Service & Financial.
- Supervisory / Management Responsibility
PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline is preferable OR a Degree or equivalent in relevant Chemistry or Life Science discipline with extensive Leadership experience and technical capability.
- Five years postgraduate experience in commercial assay development and/or manufacturing.
- Three years' experience of people management & motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiarity with Regulatory requirements.
- Scientific knowledge.
- Technical skills.
- Management expertise.
- Problem solving techniques & skills.
- The Technical Operations Manager is responsible for the management of the Technical Operations functions at the site. If not carried out properly then product quality problems could result in losses to the company.
- Decision making within confines of agreed product availability and performance goals.
- Incumbent receives only general instructions from management personnel as to the manner in which duties should be performed.
- Has set targets and goals to achieve each year.
- Review and feedback occurs via periodic goal reviews, annual performance and career development reviews.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists