We are recruiting an Associate Director of Engineering for their Centre of Excellene on a Biopharmaceutical facility in Cork.
The Associate Director of Engineering will be responsible for a diverse team of engineering professionals. The role has overall responsibility for the site's Electrical, Energy Management, Reliability, Process Safety Engineering and emergency response and security systems to ensure safe, compliant and reliable operation of site manufacturing operations.
The Associate Director will work closely with cross-functional onsite teams including Operations, Facility Management, I.T, Strategic Partners and Engineering projects and will ensure a strong partnership with above site functions.
- Responsible for Engineering Centre of Excellence, including performance management, prioritisation of resource assignments, recruitment, mentoring and supervision.
- Champion effective employee relations and communication within the department, while demonstrating a flexible management style.
- Promote a positive employee environment by open communication, engagement and development of team members.
- Select and develop a talented and competent team of Engineering Professionals.
- Coach and mentor team members and others outside of the designated team.
- Develop SMEs (subject matter experts) as necessary to both foster initiatives in strategic areas.
- Agree and drive engineering excellence by setting clear direction and expectations for performance.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex departmental projects.
- Provide leadership and direction to team on process improvements
- Collaborate with the Capital Projects Team to ensure that all new projects are introduced into production in compliance of site EHS and Engineering standards and are operationally successful.
- Development of, and management of spend against departmental budgets.
- Use Lean principles to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production while not compromising EHS and Quality standards.
- At least 7 years' experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles and demonstrated capability at managing large diverse teams.
- Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Engineering), Masters preferred.
- Desirable to have qualification in Reliability Engineering and/or Project Management.
- Process Safery Certification an advantage.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists