R&D Molding Engineer
Reporting to the R&D Site Head, the R&D Molding Engineer will work closely with the R&D Principle molding engineer to execute molding activities and deliverables across multiple active R&D design transfer and development projects.
· Development of molding processes for advanced technology IOL design transfers and innovative process and product improvements into the Alcon Ireland manufacturing site.
· Drive improvements in molding through technical advances in material, design, tooling, equipment and process changes. This includes enhancements in the overall molding process inclusive of the product inspection steps.
· Work with vendors and suppliers to drive improvements in equipment, tooling and processes.
· Diagnose, assess and solve technical equipment, process and product related issues displaying a high level of technical knowledge and understanding
· Characterise new molding materials, designs and processes for advanced technology products.
· Plan, schedule and lead molding activities and tasks within the R&D team, effectively utilising equipment, resources and tooling to expediate project deliverables across multiple projects.
· Initiate change controls, validation and risk documentation within the quality system as required for new product design transfer or equipment, material, tooling or process improvements.
· Focus on the enhancement of product yield impacted by molding across multiple advanced technology optical systems
· Responsible for communications and planning with MTO and R&D functions related to all
· molding development activities.
· Support R&D FTW development activities for new product molding designs
· Ensure seamless transition of new molding technologies and products to the MTO and QA
· functions in Alcon Ireland.
· Generate safety risk assessments for any new equipment and /or processes introduced to
· the manufacturing facility.
· Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving
· Alcon and Novartis QS requirements.
· Assigned work adheres to H&S and environmental requirements.
· Conduct targeted experiments and DOE's as required
· Minimum: Degree in Engineering / Physics or related discipline
· Preferred: Masters/ PhD degree in Engineering / Physics or related discipline
· Minimum: 2-3 years experience in a technical molding role
· Preferred: 5-10 years experience in an R&D / NPI molding engineering role with product and process development and in a regulated industry.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists