R &D Moulding Engineer
· Responsible for management of new metrology systems aligned with new optical systems technology transfer project.
· Responsible for project management of new metrology activities at the site including interaction with other departments/plants participating or impacted by the technology.
· Communication of project status and risks to internal and external stakeholders
· Responsible for ensuring all metrology tasks are completed to agreed timelines and within budget. Also, that all work adheres to H&S and environmental requirements.
· Responsible for planning and managing projects to ensure effective utilisation of resources and for liaising with R&D and other facilities to develop and implement new technologies.
· Responsible for exploring opportunities for collaborative projects with external research groups using state funding mechanisms.
· Responsible for introducing and validating new equipment and/or complex new process projects from design through completion and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving requirements.
· Knowledge and experience of optics, optical metrology and equipment design
· Knowledge of GMP validation and change control requirements.
· Knowledge of data analysis by statistical methods.
· Well-developed Project Management skills
· PC and software proficiency - Microsoft software and Microsoft project
· Report writing expertise and highly developed people skills. Knowledge of process analysis and optimisation, and basic industrial engineering.
· Knowledge of statistical process control.
· Knowledge of Irish government funding mechanisms available to support R&D projects
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Physics or related discipline
· 3-5 years' experience in an advanced technical role which can included applied post graduate studies
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists