Software Engineer (Automation)
This role resides within the automation engineering team at the Cork site. The individual is responsible for the support and continual development of the software systems within the ownership of the automation group across all areas of the manufacturing site. The automation infrastructure consists of a wide variety of complex control and IT based systems that operate within a highly regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
Job duties include:
· Develop and troubleshoot complex software systems on a variety of batch process equipment and high-speed packaging equipment
· Participate in a team that provides automation support for the production equipment and systems
· Manage the compliance aspects associated with the sites automation software systems such as change management controls, corrective action / preventative action procedures
· Comply with established Gilead Sciences practices, policies and processes.
· Perform scheduled activities as tracked through the equipment management system
· Proactively seek out opportunities to improve the efficiency and compliance of the automation software systems on site
· Responsible for the delivery of assigned automation software projects and follow established PMO guidelines on delivery through the project lifecycle
· Active participant in the global automation community and represent the automation team when participating in global meetings
· Mentor the more junior members of the team
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
· At minimum a BSc / BEng third level qualification related to the field of Software Development relevant to industrial automation. Preferably an MSc/ MEng in Software, Computer Science, Electrical / Automation Engineering
· At minimum, 5 years practical software experience relevant to industrial automation within a highly regulated environment, preferably pharmaceutical manufacturing
· Highly organized with strong time management techniques and meticulous attention to detail
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists