As a Bioprocess Engineer you will have the opportunity to develop in a dynamic, diverse work environment at an expanding site with state-of-the-art Biotech facilities on the back of significant capital investments. These facilities reflect the growth in Biotech launch and commercialization at the Cork site based on our strong product pipeline.
· Core member of the cross functional manufacturing process teams providing technical engineering support to Upstream, and Downstream operations in a dynamic work environment,
· Support and participate in commissioning and start-up activities of biotech unit operations and equipment.
· Initiate and implement facility and equipment upgrades to improve plant productivity and throughput through capital investment projects.
· Lead the introduction of new products with associated new unit operations and equipment and ensure that bio-processing at the site stays current with class leading processing and equipment innovations.
· Develop and predict processing strategies and throughput for the various products for the site biotech business through the use of modelling tools.
· Support the optimisation of existing and developing processes using state of the art equipment in our newly established scale up plant.
· Work with our Research and Development colleagues in the US to optimize and streamline our processes and transfer these to the Cork site.
· Degree qualified - Biochemical/Chemical Engineering with ideally a minimum of 2 years relevant knowledge of upstream and/or downstream biopharmaceutical unit operations, manufacturing processes, bioreactor design and control, SIP/CIP, filtration, chromatography techniques etc.
· Deep technical interest and understanding in the field of Biochemical/Chemical Engineering.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a process team consisting of a diverse group of management, production/science and engineering professionals.
· Creativity to identify improvement opportunities and the tenacity/initiative to see them implemented. Guidance/mentoring of others through processes.
· Flexibility to meet business needs.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists