The primary purpose of this job is to support a major Manufacturing Engineering Project involving the start-up of a new facility.
The position is part of a team within the Engineering department that contributes to the overall business metrics.
- Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets.
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through New technology/equipment introductions.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Preparation and project management of all line extensions/NPI including supporting documentation as reqd.
- Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells i.e. Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- New Product Introductions & Product Transfers
- Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Preparation and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for specific projects.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's, etc).
- Ensure all process developments, NPI etc are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in Validation of equipment and implementation of automated machining solutions is desired.
- Experience in CNC machining of Cobalt Chrome, Titanium & Plastics
- Experience in UniGraphics CAM package is desired
- Experience in Laser Systems (Cognex, Vision Pro, etc.) is desired
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists