The Facilities Lead will work within the Engineering Department. Working as part of a small flexible and multi skilled team the role is required to maintain, trouble shoot, repair and service facility and building services in all areas of the plant. Operational management of facilities service providers and ensure all site safety and operational procedures are adhered to by all HE service providers. Implement an effective PM system and drive continuous improvement in HE operational excellence.
- Maintain, service, repair and trouble shoot landscaping services/service provider including structural repairs
- Liaise with the cleaning service providers and manage the cleaning contract.
- Liaise with the pest control service providers and manage the pest control contract.
- Ensure site drainage systems are maintained in a compliance state.
- Ensure all buildings are maintained from a structural/civil perspective. (doors, windows, plumbing, heating, painting, flooring, lifts etc)
- Manage and maintain all life safety systems/service providers, such as:
- Fire Extinguisher testing
- Fire Hose Testing
- Fire/Gas alarm system
- ERT BA sets/BA Compressor
- Gas tight suit testing
- Fire Hydrants
- Sprinkler system
- Lifting Equipment (Fall arrest equipment)
- Fire Engine and Ambulance
- Fire pumps and associated vessels
- Foam and Deluge system testing
- Manage and maintain forklift/pallet truck fleet
- Liaise with PDC lab on facilities issues
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedules for facilities/buildings.
- Manage and maintain bund testing program.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and appearance of the site.
- Facilitate office set up with respect to furniture etc
- Back up support for WWTP operator
- Support Engineering and Maintenance teams with regard to transportation of supplies/goods
- Manage canteen chemical dosing of waste system and pumping out of waste sump
- Execute all facility related PM's and CM's
- Develop PM's for facility equipment/services
Participates in Quality Assurance program:
- Assist when required in internal and external audits.
- Assist and participate in deviation investigations.
- Maintains documentation to site CGMP standards.
- Maintains and updates preventative maintenance records.
- Follow all Corporate and Standard operating procedures during the repair of equipment.
Participates in safety, health and environmental programs:
- Works in a safe manner at all times.
- Wears appropriate PPE as required when carrying out all maintenance tasks.
- Follows work instructions and safety guidelines at all times
- Participates in all site safety programs.
- Use and operate all site permit to work systems.
- Use all PPE and site safety equipment only as per its design criteria.
- Report any dangerous incidents or defective equipment.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Assists with training of new starts.
- Will work with equipment vendors and site contractors as required.
- Will up skill as required with the introduction of new technology.
- Will cross skill where appropriate with other trades and operations staff.
- Will attend on and off-site meetings when required.
- Will use company vehicles including forklifts and company van once agreed level of competency is reached.
- Have experience of working in a highly regulated industry.
- Drive performance and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Working knowledge and proven experience in hazardous area
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Be able to use and operate a CMMS.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adhere to company time keeping policy Be detail oriented, self-motivated with good troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Be flexible and open to change in a dynamic and changing working environment
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists