Activities Within Role:
This individual will be a part of a newly formed Project Management Office (PMO), its goal being to ensure the site delivers on its key strategic projects and initiatives.
The programs fall into, but are not limited to, the following categories: Data Integrity, Technical Transfers, Business Transformation, Engineering Projects, Supply Chain & Quality, Site Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
The working style of the PMO team is one of collaboration, coaching and facilitation in providing program management support in a High-Performing Organization. This role will require a substantial amount of time within the program/project management process, engaging and communicating with Project Leads and ensuring projects within each program are delivering accordingly.
- Responsible for program oversight and control activities, including definition of scope, business case development, requirements & milestone identification, governance, operational planning, risk identification & mitigation, implementation planning, execution oversight and closure.
- Responsible for the creation and control of plans for departmental, cross departmental, and company-wide programs
- Responsible for ensuring that programs are delivered on time, to an agreed level of quality and within approved budget and scope.
- Delivery of effective & accurate progress reports that can be analysed and understood at all levels within the organization.
- Responsible for stakeholder management, both internal and external, to ensure effective delivery of program objectives, including escalation management.
- Responsible for identification of risks and issues and the implementation of mitigating actions.
- Oversight & control of program cost management throughout the life cycle, and continually providing sound financial stewardship and control.
- Motivating a multi-disciplinary Project Lead team to achieve program objectives, by driving performance so that everyone understands their contribution to the program and how it impacts the achievement of the site's objectives.
- Providing on-going coaching to Project Leads, including the identification and development of key talent and skills within the site.
- Supporting site Project Leads to develop standard reporting templates and KPIs.
- Ensuring there is a strong safety culture and performance in the execution of programs and projects.
- Ensuring the highest Quality & Compliance standards, participating and complying with the Site Quality Management System.
- Support the development and running of the Project Management Office on site.
- A minimum of eight to ten years of relevant experience in delivery of a broad range of programs, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Program & Project Management tools & techniques within a wide spectrum of Project Leads and team members.
- Demonstrated leadership & coaching skills, with an emphasis on continuous improvement of the PM process and skill sets of Project Leads.
- Appropriate 3rd level qualification
- Appropriate program/project management qualifications.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Excellent facilitation, communication and management of senior level stakeholders and other cross-functional leaders.
- Demonstrated ability in holding Project Leads accountable for project delivery and being decisive about non-performers.
- Competency developed in people change management.
- An excellent communicator and leader who can motivate themselves and others to meet stringent deadlines and rise to new challenges with enthusiasm
- Excellent presentation, influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills
- Understands the typical program and project life cycles in a strongly regulated GMP environment and has significant proven experience in this area
- Demonstrated successes in a program environment, such as multiple project teams, Six Sigma teams, PITs etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills necessary to build and maintain high performance project management teams
- Experience with Management Systems such as PM, EHS, Trackwise, SAP , PRINCE, Microsoft PM etc.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists