Maintenance Systems Engineer
The Maintenance systems engineer role is to lead the operational activities of the engineering function in the provision and management of key engineering systems necessary for ongoing site operations and maintenance. Responsible for implementing performance monitoring for all maintenance/engineering functions across the site and will provide coaching to engineering teams to promote continuous improvement in all aspects of site engineering and equipment reliability.
- Lead the ongoing development of the site wide maintenance & calibration system, ensuring compliance with the latest corporate, regulatory and industry standards.
- Provide support to maintenance, facilities, projects and operations teams for all aspects of engineering and asset reliability.
- Lead responsibility for the ongoing development and management of the plant wide maintenance programme.
- Key user for site engineering management systems
- Provide leadership for the ongoing development of plant wide maintenance reliability.
- Provide guidance and support for all engineering documentation and drawings for the site and design and implement a system to ensure compliance and best standards.
- Develop training for all end users to ensure standardisation and optimum use of engineering management systems in scope.
- Develop reports to ensure KPI's for the maintenance and facilities teams drive continuous improvement through use of site engineering systems.
- Monitor use of the CMMS system to ensure it is utilised as intended.
- Assist with the development of site engineering standards to accommodate business needs.
- Develop and support systems for the control, monitoring and compliance of safety equipment on site.
- Provide support for regulatory audits.
- Provide technical assistance to project activities for engineering and maintenance issues to ensure integration of completed project plans.
- Work with project managers and engineers to provide reliability input for engineering projects and minimise life cycle costs.
- Support the roll-out of engineering systems to all areas of the plant as required and ensure structures are in line with site requirements.
- Adopt a best practice approach to all implemented systems.
- Identify the latest systems on the market and apply them through review and benchmarking similar industries.
- Take control of various engineering related action plans which present themselves and close out as necessary.
- Manage project activities as necessary to meet site objectives.
- Adhere to budgetary constraints.
- Interact with other employees and departments in a helpful and constructive manner.
- Assist, liaise and organise contractors to carry out works as necessary.
- Travel as necessary to support project and site objectives.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the engineering team.
- Develop the competencies and skills of technical and engineering staff to improve site performance.
- Instill and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus within the engineering group.
- Degree in appropriate engineering discipline (Mechanical / Process) or equivalent qualification.
- 3-5 years' experience maintenance of process equipment and familiar with calibration, asset management, reliability and project integration.
- Advanced computer skills, i.e. knowledge of EAM, MS Excel, MS VBA, MS project, MS word and Autocad.
- Knowledge of GMP requirements in a regulated industry
- Previous experience of working with a computerised maintenance management system.
- Previous experience of data and reliability analysis.
- Experience in a diversified range of maintenance strategies such as PM, COR, RBM, RCM, TPM, PdM, CM etc.
- Strong ability to lead, challenge and positively influence in an interactive team environment.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists