- The Reliability Engineer is responsible for consulting any SOP's for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure they fully understand and adhere to the SOP.
- Housekeeping is a critical function of all jobs and the Reliability Engineer is expected to ensure all craftsmen working under his/her supervision ensure housekeeping activities are observed and carried out appropriately. It is important that the Reliability Engineer is in adherence to the Housekeeping SOP.
- It is important that GMP is a main priority in any operation carried out in this job function.
- He/she must help establish with the Engineering Manager the departmental goals, schedules and timetables for activities.
- Any hazards or potential hazards reported to this position must be followed up by the Project Manager as soon as possible to reduce any incidents & accidents occurring in the Plant.
- Establish communication lines with all other departments e.g. Manufacturing, Q.A., Materials, Human Resources, EHS, and Finance.
- Administer policies and procedures as they apply to employees.
- Plan and schedule work in accordance with plant demand and available manpower.
- He/she must maintain the condition of facilities and equipment to ensure availability and reliability.
- Control all cost and quality of maintenance by assigning work in accordance with availability of employees.
- Control energy systems to ensure optimum utilization of plant facilities.
- Maintain adequate stores stock levels and ensure proper in /out control.
- Manage department finances within the annual organizational plan.
- Deputise for other Engineers in their absence.
- Responsible for promoting good employee relations.
- Ensure all Abbott employees & contractors under his/her direction are fully familiar with all Safety Rules and regulations.
- Ensure all efforts are made to reduce product cost by improving efficiencies.
- Ensure engineering work orders are carried out in a timely and safe manner while maintaining adherence to GMP.
- Ensure all work order forms are completed in full.
- Ensure all P. M's plant forms are completed accurately and maintained accordingly.
- Ensure all employees follow correct procedure when carrying out hot work & confined space entry ensuring work permits are fully in compliance with SOP's.
- Maintain all Personal Protective Equipment and ensure all PPE are serviced and calibrated on time. Ensure certificates for all safety equipment are available. Ensure full stock of P.P.E. is available always.
- Ensure adherence to Working from Heights Code of Practice is followed.
- A bachelor's Degree in engineering, science or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence. with a
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists