Senior Engineering Supervisor
Reporting to the Engineering , EHS & Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing the Operations Engineering Team to meet the challenging requirements of a competitive Medical Device Industry.
- Ensuring a data driven, innovative culture and effective problem solving approach.
- Ensuring the group has a balanced skill-set of effective problem solvers, specialists and experience.
- Developing and manage staff under the Operations Engineering umbrella.
- Driving engineering based Value Add and Cost Reduction initiatives and projects.
- Monitoring changes in technologies and recommend/implement changes in strategies/processes that will result in reduced schedules, cost reductions and quality improvements.
- Liaising with other departments and functions to ensure all Engineering expectations are met and delivered in a timely manner.
- Providing engineering support requirements over 3 shifts.
- Managing a diverse array of Engineering related projects.
- Managing safety of systems and processes.
- Ensuring execution of Business Excellence principles throughout the plant.
- Driving DMI initiatives within the Engineering function generating cost savings
- Developing the skills of the Engineers and craft within the engineering function.
- Engineering related degree or higher.
- A minimum of five years experience in a manufacturing environment; at least three of which managing people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly developed coaching, mentoring and communication skills
- Strong Team building skills with proven abilities in decision-making and sound personal judgements.
- Proven capability in implementation of Process capability and Business Excellence principles in every aspect of engineering.
- Proven track record or demonstrated ability in Project Management.
- Ability to work on platforms, scaffolding and ladders.
- Good mental ability to logically follow a line of though for problem solving.
- Specialized skills and procedural knowledge are essential.
- This person must have persuasion and direction skills which will be required to convert the thinking of others where gathering acceptance may be difficult but important site performance and strategy.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists