We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Engineer to join our team. This is a permanent position reporting to the Maintenance Lead and will be responsible for improving the medium to long term reliability, quality and operability of the plant by ensuring all maintenance systems are implemented and operated in an efficient and compliant manner with a focus on continuous improvement. The role will additionally hold responsibility for energy engineering projects on site.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines the preventive/predictive maintenance process in pursuit of optimization and minimal failure rate.
- Use tools to track, analyse and trend data, perform calculations, communicate performance, predict remaining life and failure expectance and improve MTBF of equipment.
- Works in a team environment to investigate incidents relative to equipment failure, root cause analysis to develop and follow on recommendations including continuous challenge of the maintenance strategy in order to deliver the most efficient and effective performance.
- Initiate and make formal recommendations within Maintenance and to Operations for equipment repairs, replacement and/or improvement in equipment reliability to include budgeting preparation.
- Supporting the installation of equipment for optimum reliability, availability, and maintainability.
- Works with stores, suppliers and purchasing on spare parts and equipment issues.
- Track maintenance related plant downtime and prepare monthly and quarterly reports
- Ensure compliance with current industry best practices and GMP standards.
- Ensure maintenance and procedures are maintained in systems.
- Act as back up for permit issuing for contractors on site.
- Management of compliance documentation for suppliers and service providers.
- Provide and/or improve asset reliability and capacity of manufacturing process and utility equipment
- Conduct analysis of equipment history, process data, and Failure Modes Effect Analysis
- Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible; assuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost.
- Review equipment reports from statutory inspections and take ownership for implementing corrective actions.
- Creation, monitoring and regular reporting of maintenance and reliability metrics.
- 5 years' + experience working in maintenance and reliability within a regulated GMP environment.
- Previous experience within the pharmaceutical/bio/MedTech/food industry
- Third level engineering/science qualification
- Demonstrated experience in improving maintenance systems and reducing equipment failure.
- Knowledge of Energy fundamentals and Energy management techniques and tools.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP compliance and Good Engineering Practices required
- Experienced user of PEMAC, SAP or similar system.
- Experience in root cause analysis and failure analysis of engineering and field issues
- Project Management skills would be an advantage.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Flexibility and time management skills essential.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Occasional travel may be required as part of this role.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists